December 8 – 10, 2023
Art Basel Miami Beach, said to be North America’s most comprehensive international contemporary art fair, returns for its 21st edition December 8 – 10, 2023. Thousands of art dealers, artists, collectors and art aficionados will enjoy modern and contemporary art. There will be around 277 galleries represented.
The center of the action will be the gleaming Miami Beach Convention Center. The huge Convention Center is divided into sections, the following are the main ones:
- Galleries: This is the main area or section, where top galleries will show major works in all mediums.
- Positions: This is where you’ll find solo exhibitions by 16 emerging international artists.
- Nova: This year, Nova will showcase 22 presentations from 22 galleries.
- Survey: In this sector, 16 galleries will present work created before the year 2000.
- Meridians: Curated by Magalí Arriola, Director of Mexico City’s Museo Tamayo, this year’s Meridians’ projects will be announced soon.
- Kabinett: This sector features curated selections displayed by galleries in a separate section of their booth. 2023 Kabinett selections will be announced soon.
Where to stay during Art Basel Week
It’s never too early to book your accommodations for Art Basel Miami Beach. The most highly anticipated event on the social calendar in Greater Miami & Miami Beach. The ideal hotel will place you in close proximity to the Miami Beach Convention Center where the event is held. Or you might want to be close to your favorite Miami Art Week satellite fairs and all the parties that go along with them. Of course, stylish accommodations and a buzzy scene never hurt. Many hotels even boast their own impressive contemporary art collections as well as exclusive parties and events.
The Cavalier South Beach Hotel is conveniently located on Ocean Drive, with a walking promenade, walking distance from the beach. The Cavalier is recommended for art lovers to stay during Art Basel Miami Beach and Miami Art Week 2023. The beautiful Art Deco Henrosa Hotel located in Collins Ave is also steps away from the beaches.
Art Basel Miami Beach is one of only four Art Basel fairs in the world; the others are in Hong Kong, Paris and the founding fair in Basel, Switzerland. Read about the history of Art Basel.